Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Hummingbirds




The week between Christmas and New Year I purchased a hummingbird feeder at the Central Market here in San Jose. We decided on the least expensive one, paying just over $5. About a week ago I hung it in our little courtyard and waited. Well, we didn't have to wait long before we got our fist arrival. These little birds are smart and were attracted to the red color of the feeder. Since that time I have tried to capture photos of these little creatures and as a result named our first squeaky friend, "Teaser," since he (or she) wouldn't let me snap a picture. Then we noticed another hummingbird had come, less brilliant than the first, and this one got the name "Scrubby" as a result. This one is much quieter and also let me take a picture. This morning I think Teaser was jealous because I got a picture of him, too.

No comments: