Sunday, March 25, 2007

Bowling Date

Dave and I have started a tradition with our kids to take each one out weekly to have some one-on-one time with them. We do a rotation where he and I switch off every week and the kids each take a turn so that in 6 weeks time, each child has had a special day out with each parent. We don't typically spend very much money but we do make sure to choose something done "together." This past week it was my turn to go with Jonathan and he wanted to go bowling! I have bowled before, of course, but it's a whole new set of words in Spanish and it was a little out of my comfort zone - but, we went and had a super time! It was fun for him to see his score on the computer overhead. I did beat him - but barely!




I really enjoy the personal time with the kids - away from interruptions and things that distract. Afterwards, we had some ice cream sitting at a bench together. While eating, two men walked by and Jonathan said to me, "there go the bad guys" and from there we had fun with a make-believe story of where they came from and what they were going to do. In the end, we were going to share Jesus with them so that they wouldn't kill people anymore . . .. It's fun to see how our kids' minds work - they are so amazing. Who knows where our next adventure will take us . . .

No comments: