Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend

This weekend has been a good one. The kids don't have school. Dave has had some extra time because school is out for him, too. We have been at church quite a bit - I think every day this week except Monday and Saturday . Starting the Easter weekend, the kids played with some of the children at a church Dave preached at on Friday. It was nice being out of the city again, out in the country air :-) That's a duck that Joseph is holding in the photo. They also held chicks and puppies, petted goats, and climbed trees. Just look at their smiles!

On Saturday we had a family day out. We checked out a new shopping mall that is built surrounding an indoor ice skating rink. Imagine that - outside, 90-some degree weather and inside - cold enough to keep the ice frozen on the rink. The kids all enjoyed themselves, at least for the first 1/2 hour :-) Rebekah and Joseph are already asking when we'll return. Even Dave seemed to enjoy himself. In the photo, however, I'm not sure who is helping whom ;-)

Today is Resurrection Day - we celebrate that Jesus is Alive! I am thankful for His salvation and that His blood cleanses me of sin. I am thankful for my family, both near and far away. I am thankful for the opportunities He gives us to share our lives with others. I pray that my life and the life of our family will continue to reflect His love and the change He has made in us, whether in ministry or in the everyday stuff of life. Thank You, Lord, for Who You are and who we are because of You.

No comments: